With pears in season, love this salad.
- 4 cups mixed greens (I like 2 cups romaines and 2 cups spring)
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 3 tbs dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 4 tbs chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), candied
- Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Gorgonzola Dressing or a Honey mustard dressing (recipe follows)
- In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup white sugar, 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper over medium heat. When starting to liquify, add 1 cup of pecans. Stir to coat with spatula. Spoon onto wax paper to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, pear and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing. Add nuts and crumble cheese. Enjoy!